May 31st just happens to be Turn Back the Clock Day. Celebrate by going retro and switching on the oldest blog theme you have.
In my case, it’s Classic by Dave Shea because, well, I’ve been using WordPress for almost 6 years now.
As some may have heard, we’ll be hosting a BBQ Tweetup at our house this summer. It will be held on Saturday, July 31st at 2PM. Food will be served around 4PM. There will be a $5 cover for adults, because (good) meat is, well, expensive. The party will be held at my house in Goldsboro, PA
50% of all proceeds will be donated to the American Bird Conservancy to assist in oil cleanup efforts in the Gulf of Mexico.
The Menu (What I’ll Be Providing)
- Pulled Pork
- Baby Back Ribs
- BBQ Chicken
- Corn on the Cob
- Cornbread Muffins
- Soda (limited quantities, extra requested[Coke, Sprite, Gingerale])
- Plates, Napkins, Plasticware
Update: My neighbor will be donating a 30 pack of Coors Light, a 24 pack of Yuengling, and a (2)24 packs of Corona.
If you’d like to add to the menu, you can bring a covered dish, desert, chips, soda, etc. Alcohol is more than welcome, but it is BYO.
As the sun goes down, we’ll get a bonfire started and you’re welcome to stay as long as you’d like. We’ll have stuff to make s’mores if you’d like. If you’re coming from further away and wish to stay overnight, there will be an area where you can set up your tent and camp out as well as a few hotels 10-15 min away.
If you plan on attending, please email me at ryanduff [at] gmail [dot] com to let me know how many will be attending. Upon RSVP, I’ll send you the exact street address.
Other Misc Notes
- Seating will be limited, but I’ll try and get as many tables and chairs as I can. If you have folding chairs, please bring them. We’ll need some for the bonfire as well, if you plan on staying.
- I think I have a set of horseshoes, but if you have any other picnic games, feel free to bring them and we’ll find a place to set them up.
- Since BBQ is cooked low and slow, I’ll only be able to make so much of each meat within the time frame. If it looks like we’re not going to have enough, I’ll also plan on cooking some hamburgers and hot dogs. As it stands, I’ll be starting the pulled pork at 7:30PM Friday night so that I have time to cook the ribs and chicken and be done at 4PM Saturday…
- I could use a hand with prep and set up Saturday morning. If anybody would like to volunteer to help out in the kitchen, etc please let me know. As an incentive, there will be no cover charge if you volunteer and help out.
- There will be no rain date. I will have covered areas so hopefully the weather cooperates.
Guest List (local tweeps)
- @williamsba / @amber331 – Veggie tray, dip
- @onefinejay – watermelon, salad, dressing
- @hodgepodgery / @mdguzy – Spinach, strawberry, and pecan salad; baked beans
- @phillip_copley – (2) 12 packs of soda
- @sandrasarcasm – veggie burgers, cookies
- @rhoadesrage – chips, cheese dip
- @sarah_sherrif / @asg_warlord – chips, guacamole
- @bpolensky / @ljoreo
- @dahcheet – chips
- @kulabk – pasta salad
- @dani_pa – pasta salad
- [neighbors / family] – brownies (2x), watermelon, pasta salad, fruit salad, potato salad, baked beans