Yesterday my calendar notified me that today (April, 27) is my 9 year Twitter anniversary, though I didn’t tweet until just over 3 months later.
It’s also just past the 2 month mark of giving up Twitter. I figured it’d be a good time to follow up on things I miss and don’t miss.
Things I miss
- Chris Lema‘s cigar photos
- Ryan Maue‘s weather tweets
- Shawn Hesketh wearing silly costumes
- Matt Gross / BrisketMan / Jess Pryles / photos of mouthwatering BBQ
- Quick access to breaking news and weather
- Being able to share news and get news from friends (I’m not on Facebook; never have been)
Things I don’t miss
- Political discourse (or what it’s become recently)
- Cursing Police
There are some other close friends and acquaintances that I miss, but most of them I interact with offline, in various slack groups, or at work.
Overall, aside from the obvious holes (some more important than others), I think it’s gone well and haven’t really found a good reason to go back. At least not one that outweighs the cons. Still trying to get into the habit of blogging more regularly. We’ll see how that goes.